Last Sunday I made a recipe, Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Zucchini. I also made Herb and Butter rice and served it with some French bread. There were several problems as I cooked. First I thought that the chicken wasn’t cooked all the way, so my Mom said that I could just cook it the rest of the way as I cooked it with the zucchini. The second problem was that I only cut two pieces of chicken at a time. It was a problem for me because I had to keep rushing from cooking to cutting. Another problem I had was that I had to keep multitasking while cooking this meal. I ended up getting help from my mom and dad cutting the zucchini, starting the rice and even cutting more of the chicken.
I cooked this meal for my grandpa’s birthday and everyone liked it. Everyone kept saying that they liked it which is fine but I’m fine with everyone saying it just once. I really liked cooking this meal because it really showed me that cooking is not as easy as I thought. Even though it was not easy the first time it just means I have to practice more to be able to do it all on my own.
Some tips I have for you when you are cooking this meal are:
- Cut all of the chicken before you start breading them or cut some of the chicken then bread them and set them aside
- If you are cooking this meal for 9 people there is going to be a lot of breading leftover if you multiply the whole recipe by 3 like I did.
Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half, or 4 thin chicken breasts
- 8 Tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup plus 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan, divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 2 Tablespoons butter. To make the chicken: Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and flour. Dip the chicken in the butter and then coat in the bread crumb mixture and place in skillet.
- Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked throughout. Set aside on plate.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of butter back to the skillet and saute the minced garlic for a minute. Add the zucchini to the skillet and saute until tender. Salt and pepper to taste and add some 1 Tablespoon parmesan. Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat for a minute or so. Serve immediately
Check out next Wednesday’s post because I’m going to talk about cooking Shrimp Tacos that I’m planning to cook this Sunday.