So last on Thursday I cooked Korean BBQ Beef which wasn’t really BBQ. The Recipe came in a Street Kitchen Kit (The recipe was an Asian recipe).
In The Kit:
- Korean BBQ Sauce
- Ginger & Garlic Paste
- Sesame Seeds
- The Street Kitchen Korean BBQ Beef Asian Scratch Kit By Passage Foods
- 0.9 lb Beef Strips
- 1/2 Brown Onion, Sliced
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 2 cups Cooked Jasmine Rice to Serve
- Mix Ginger & Garlic paste through Beef Strips and set aside while you chop your vegetables.
- Add Beef to a hot and well-oiled wok and fry for a minute or until well seared. Add vegetables and stir fry contents for another minute.
- Add cooking sauce to wok, stir contents reduce heat to low and simmer until meat is fully cooked (appox. 5-10 minutes). Sprinkle with Sesame seeds and serve immediately on a bed of Jasmine Rice.
Kit’s tip- For an even more authentic experience wrap the cooked Korean BBQ Beef in lettuce leaf.
Review: I thought this was a great meal even though I thought that it wasn’t really BBQ. And if you make the recipe and wrap in a lettuce leaf please send a photo to me.