My new years resolution was to become a healthier and happier eater, and I decided to reach that goal by becoming vegan! So far the change has been natural and I have now opened a door to a whole new world of different desserts.
I apologize for the quality of the photos, i had to use my IPhone for these photos because my camera had died. This recipe was an interesting one to make because I haven’t used any of these ingredients before.
Everything in this recipe was vegan and we changed a few things so that it was gluten-free so my mom could try it out. Needless to say she got her self a second one.
We couldn’t find any ground matcha so I had to grind up some myself. I must say that I could still taste some unground parts. We used matcha chocolate and it accented it perfectly. They were very gooey and delicious.
And in a SNAP!
We’ve got that!
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp. ground flax
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp matcha
- Chocolate chips or Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine the soy milk, flax seed, lemon juice and vanilla in a bowl whisk together then set aside for 5-10 min to thicken
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Then sift in the matcha powder
- Melt the coconut oil and syrup
- Pour the soy milk mixture into the coconut oil and maple syrup mixture. stir together. Then add the dry ingredients by thirds. Do not over mix
- Add in chocolate or blueberries and spoon into muffin tin 2/3 the way full. Bake for about 20 min
- Let cool and enjoy
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe!